MailScanner Upgrade issues

Mark McIntosh Infowall mmcintosh at infowall.com
Thu Feb 11 04:36:37 GMT 2010

Hello All,

I upgraded Centos from 5.2 to 5.4 my first mistake in this was to update
postfix as the rpm version did not have mysql compiled in and my
previous version had. This also changed my custom main.cf and master.cf.
None of these issue were that hard to diagnose but now I seem to have
something not right.

When doing a MailScanner --lint I get an error: while I hope this to be
a small thing I could not find any solution via google or the list
archive. Any help is appreciated.

Error in tempdir() using MSlintXXXXXX: Could not create directory
MSlintNc5sbC: Permission denied at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 1211

This is CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.008008 (5.8.8)
postfix 2.3.3
This is MailScanner version 4.79.11