"Required SpamAssassin Score" custom function gets called multiple times

Brent Bloxam brent at beanfield.com
Wed Feb 3 20:01:12 GMT 2010

I've setup a custom function to implement per-user spam scores for
SpamAssassin

Required SpamAssassin Score = &MyFunc

I have logging inside the function, and see the following in our
MailScanner log:

Feb  3 14:45:07 mta MailScanner[24111]: MyFunc: email at example.com mark
score set to 7
Feb  3 14:45:08 mta MailScanner[24111]: MyFunc: email at example.com mark
score set to 7
Feb  3 14:45:08 mta MailScanner[24111]: MyFunc: email at example.com mark
score set to 7

Is there a reason it appears to be called 3 times? There are no loops in
the function that would cause the logging to be erroneously repeated,
and it's occurring consistently

Thanks for any help.

(PS: Sorry if this message dupes, I realized after sending it previously
that I hadn't updated my mailman membership to my new email address. I
imagine mailman would have blocked my previous message)