Spam Ruleset

Andrew Chester Andrew.Chester at ukuvuma.co.za
Tue Feb 2 11:59:01 GMT 2010

Hi There

We are using MailScanner as part of a mail gateway for incoming mail, and
I would like to set up a ruleset on what to do when MailScanner finds spam
- I want it to deliver the mail to certain domains, and bounce the rest,
I've had a look at the examples in the rules directory, and from that I've
set up the following in %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules:

To: *@domain.com     deliver
FromOrTo: default       bounce

Is that correct, do I need to include any other lines into the ruleset, or
can I leave it with only the two lines above?

I then set the "Spam Actions =" field in MailScanner.conf to the
following:
Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules

Is that correct? I tried to set it to
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.actions.rules but then I get the
error: "Your spam actions "/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.actions.rules"
looks like a filename. If this is a ruleset filename, it must end in .rule
or .rules" in the maillog.

It is a FreeBSD system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Kind Regards,
Andrew
CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone.