MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.79 stable released
MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 09:29:48 GMT 2010
I have just released a new stable version of MailScanner, version 4.79.11.
The main changes and improvements this time around are:
- If the clamd daemon or the F-Prot daemon are unreachable then if *all*
the configured virus scanners cannot be reached then no mail is
virus-scanned and delivered. The previous behaviour was that the mail
would still be delivered and logged in this situation. Now it will not
deliver any message that could be infected but could not be scanned.
- Changed behaviour of "Reject Message". It is now a "First match" rule
and not an "All matches" rule. The first matching rule in the ruleset
will determine the result.
- Fixed lots of taint-related issues.
- Fixed important bug in ClamAV output parser (only affects "clamav" and
not "clamd" or "clamavmodule").
- Fixed UnpackZip taint problem, affecting processing of *.docx files.
So nothing too major this time around, but it is the first stable
release in a while.
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
Need help customising MailScanner?
Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your boss?
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the MailScanner