Process did not exit cleanly.

Paul Malherbe paul at tartan.co.za
Wed Dec 29 06:51:46 GMT 2010

Hello

I am continually getting the following messages in my messages file:

Dec 29 02:44:20 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 1 with signal 0
Dec 29 02:44:35 server last message repeated 3 times
Dec 29 02:44:40 server MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 0 with signal 13

How can I find out what is causing them?

I have the following versions running on a vmware virtual server:

Linux server 2.6.35-gentoo-r12 #1 Thu Dec 2 09:26:26 SAST 2010 i686
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Perl version 5.012002 (5.12.2)
MailScanner version 4.79.11
SpamAssassin version 3.3.1