OT: how to block emails sent to too many recipients

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Dec 20 18:41:00 GMT 2010

> On 12/20/2010 9:42 AM, Denis Beauchemin wrote:

THanks Steve,

I think this is going to help me policy all those users and force them to use our Sympa list manager. Very good idea!

We heard one of our users received a fake over quota email requesting that she registered to a web server to be able to continue using her account. She did and that's how her account got compromised! We are investigating who else might have done the same thing.

During lunch time we got another attack that I blocked using sendmail's access file: from:bad-user at usherbrooke.ca DISCARD. This time they used the user's email address instead of a random one. At least they don't change the from on every email!

Denis