OT: how to block emails sent to too many recipients

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Dec 20 14:18:51 GMT 2010

One thing you could do is add the following to your sendmail.mc

define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE',20)

This will block all but 20 of the recipients (still allows 20, though),
which is still 20 spams.

There were some security releases just recently for Horde, although I'm
not sure they affected very old releases, so depending on which versions
you are running, you might check out updating.

You can see the problems at:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/Sep/82

Steve Campbell