Heads-up: ClamAV

mog lists at elasticmind.net
Fri Dec 17 15:46:21 GMT 2010

On 17/12/2010 10:55, Steve Freegard wrote:
> Quick heads-up for everyone.  I've so far fixed 3 systems running
> ClamAV 0.96.3 this morning that had gone crazy with clamd chewing up
> 99% CPU and sending batch times through the roof.
>
> Seems to be a bad signature update - however upgrading to 0.96.5 fixes
> the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Steve.

Ahh, interesting, thanks for the update.

I've had reports of some emails containing attachments not getting
through today. It seems some messages have been getting stuck in
MailScanner's processing database. A check of the system showed several
defunct clamav processes, which may or may not be related.

Current version is 0.96.5

Regards,
Mog.