listen on two IP's?

markee markee at bandwidthco.com
Fri Dec 10 17:58:30 GMT 2010

Amen Peter. Well put. And now I'll get slaughtered by those same lurkers for
"Top Posting".

On 12/9/2010 12:13 PM, Peter Farrow wrote:

On 09/12/2010 16:53, Peter Farrow wrote:

I think this is what you want, you will need to edit your sendmail.mc

add lines like this..

DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA, Addr=134.5.175.5, Port= smtp , Modifiers=bh

http://www.freddenny.com/UNIX/Sendmail_Multi_SMTP_Port.html

Regards

Pete

--

Another point, my email was only a few characters longer than many others
posted here saying things like "don't ask that question here".

This could be construed as a MailScanner question as not everyone is as
brilliant or experienced as some of the people lurking on this list, and
some people do need to ask questions that appear trivial or worthless to
others.

Remember you were a newbie and experienced once, and a question that could
be answered so easily by those who know is often better just answered rather
than dismissing the question as not relevant here.

I am sure many others will agree and some will not, however, had I received
such a reply as some that were given to this question, then I would have
left with a very poor impression indeed,  an impression which would have
been completely wrong.

So come on people you are better than the "don't ask that question here"
brigade, save that for losers on flaming forums.

This is a good mailing list, personally I didn't expect to see the condeming
replies that this gentleman got.

Just my 10pence worth.

P.

I used to complain about how members would gripe about how this wasn't the
proper forum for a particular question. Instead of answering the question
simply, there'd be tons of don't-ask-here replies, making the search
practically useless (eg -searching for  "two IP's" will now turn up a bunch
of go-somewhere-else replies). So I quit using the search all together.

The thing is, this is not the proper forum for sendmail related questions,
but sometimes subscribing to a forum for just a one-time instance is a
little much. Granted a lot of us are newby-type, and we all needed help at
one time. This forum has taught me so much about so many aspects of email. I
can recall when I didn't know the difference between what MS does and what
sendmail does, so I'd ask here, the more comfortable forum.

I'm a little broke right now, so this'll just be my one-cent comment.

Steve Campbell

dangerous content by the  <http://www.togethia.net/> Togethia MailScanner,
and is
believed to be clean.
Scanner:local

Thanks Steve,

Your modest one-cent comment could just actually prove to be priceless! It
says it all!

Pete

content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is believed to
be clean.
MailScanner at  <http://www.bandwidthco.com/> Bandwidthco Computer Security
is for your absolute protection.

postmaster at bandwidthco.com
MailScanner at Bandwidthco Computer Security is for your absolute protection.