missing Mail::ClamAV

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 14:31:44 IST 2010

On 16 August 2010 20:18, Alex Neuman <alex at rtpty.com> wrote:
> Mail::ClamAV is only needed AFAIK if you're using clamavmodule, which is also, AFAIK, deprecated in favor of using clamd.

Indeed. Same for SAVI, if you use Sophos, and if you have configured
it to use the perl module, then you need SAVI...:-).
The rest are optional, but ... If you have configured your SA to use
SPF, but haven't got the SPF perl modules installed... you will get no
SPF checks. Etc etc. Installing them likely won't hurt you.

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 1:07 PM, Mark Chaney wrote:
>
>> When I checked the MailScanner version this morning i noticed a few perl modules were missing, such as:
>>
>> missing    IP::Country
>> missing    Mail::ClamAV
>> missing    Mail::SPF::Quer
>> missing    Parse::RecDescent
>> missing    SAVI
>> missing    Test::Manifest
>> missing    Mail::SPF::Query
>> missing    Inline
>> missing    Encode::Detect
>> missing    Business::ISBN
>> missing    Business::ISBN::Data
>> missing    Data::Dump
>> missing    Test::Pod
>>
>> What really bothered me was the missing ClamAV one. Because that module is missing, is my MailScanner setup lacking ClamAV support? Also, should I be installing the rest of those as well?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark

Cheers
--