What creates the quarantine folder each day.

hvdkooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Apr 29 09:14:32 IST 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:04:43 -0500, "Brad McLean"
<brad.mclean at cloudtechinc.com> wrote:
> I do you mailwatch.  I was able to fix the problem.  It turns out that
the
> permissions on the folder /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine were
incorrect.

> Somehow, magically the folder owner and group were not the same as the
"run
> as user" and "run as group" from MailScanner.conf.  Once I did a chown
on
> the folder everything has been good.

I had the same thing once due to the phishingupdate that did change the
owner from postfix:postfix to root:root

So perhaps that Jules can look into the issue and prevent the
phishingupdate to set the owner incorrectly. (That is: deviating from the
settings in the MailScanner.conf file.)

Hugo.

--
hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/