What creates the quarantine folder each day.

Brad McLean brad.mclean at cloudtechinc.com
Tue Apr 27 15:27:22 IST 2010

We have been running 2 MailScanner servers for the past 8 months without any
trouble.  Over the past week we have been experiencing trouble with the
inbound mailq piling up.  As best I can tell, at midnight each night some
process creates the folder /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/<current date>.
If the folder does not exist then the MailScanner process all show as
<Defunct> and the queue builds up.  I manually create the folder and set the
proper ownership and the MailScanner processes start to process the mailq.

We are running CentOs 5.3 with MailScanner 4.75.11 with Postfix MTA.

If I could figure out what creates this folder each day I may be able to
solve the issue.  I suspect that it probably is permissions stopping it from
being created but I have not found anything in any log.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad