Move addresses from To to Bcc?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Apr 22 08:31:18 IST 2010

Pete Russell wrote on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:01:20 +1000:

> Would it make sense to have a test for more than x entries in the To:
> field so move all of the addresses to Bcc: ?

Technically spoken, not "move to bcc", but: remove from to (or cc)! The
bcc is not a header field, it does not exist. It's a notice to the client
to send to all these addresses, but don't put them in any header
destination field.

I "love" my relatives or friends put me in the cc, send me a joke or
picture I do not want, anyway, and spread my private email address to lots
of unknown people and thereby to the spammers. It's really hard to educate
them.

So, I think it makes sense to sanitize such mails. But this is not
functionality built-in in MS.

Kai