Weird Archiving Need

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Apr 22 08:19:05 IST 2010

On 22/04/2010 03:22, Rob Poe wrote:
> I have a client who gets email from a certain domain name (in this
> case we'll call the sending domain valuedclient.com).  They want **
> ANY ** email that comes in from that domain to be forwarded to a
> certain distribution group (in this case, they're using sendmail
> aliases file to define the group).
>
> Could I set up the email archiving, then do a rule such as
>
> From: @valuedclient.com    sendmailalias
> FromOrTo: default
>
> Would that work out?
If you are using sendmail:

Either:
Install the sendmail milter sm-archive, this will allow you the branch
the email to any subequent email address you like.

Alternatively, add the domain the the mailscanner's local-host-names in
/etc/mail/

and add an entry in the virtusertable that says:

@valuedclient.com            otheraddress at somewhereelse.com

once mailscanner has finished its stuff, it will then foward it to the
"other address"

Regards

Pete