reducing memory used by Mailscanner (Eduardo Casarero)

Bryan Guest bryan.guest at bmts.com
Wed Apr 21 16:13:23 IST 2010

>How do you use clamav? we use clamd and reduces a lot the memory usage of
>mailscanner childs. (and its also faster)

We are using the clamav-sa package from the mailscanner site.  So it sets us
up to use ClamAVmodule which I thought was supposed to be fastest?

If I use this package, how do I convert to clamd?  I mean, I can find the
option in MailScanner.conf, but what I am asking is does the Clamav-sa
package actually install a functional clamd?

Bryan