ClamAv 0.96 is out

Holger Nöfer holger-lists at noefer.org
Mon Apr 12 20:34:52 IST 2010

Am 09.04.2010 23:54, schrieb Scott Silva:
> on 4-9-2010 7:20 AM Peter Bonivart spake the following:
>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In my case the option 2 worked for me, but I do not feel so
>>> comfortable running clamd as an user that isn't clamav.
>>
>> Why is there such interest in solving this, even by making your own
>> system less secure?
>>
>> If I understand the matter correctly, this only affects the lint, not
>> the actual mail processing so this can only be solved properly by
>> Julian. Even the lint works (detecting eicar) even though you get that
>> complaint.
>>
>> I say, let Julian take a look at it. :-)
>>
> For me it seems to also affect the full message scan, as it fails there... It
> looks at the unpacked files, which is probably good enough...

Hi everybody,

the following line in lib/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm
worked for me.
chmod 0770, $MessageDir;

My code looks this way.

   # Create and write the header file
   # Message number = 1
   # Path = irrelevant as we're not actually reading anything
   # It's a fake that we simulate ==> 1
   my $MessageDir = tempdir( 'MSlintXXXXXX', CLEANUP => 1);
   chmod 0770, $MessageDir;

Can somebody please check if I'm right and I did not create
a "security hole".

Regards,
Holger