ClamAv 0.96 is out

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:03:32 IST 2010

>on 4-8-2010 12:31 PM Kai Schaetzl spake the following:
>> Scott Silva wrote on Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:33:25 -0700:
>>
>>> Changed
>>> incoming work user to clamav and changed incoming work group to blank...
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work for me. I changed to
user
>> = clamav and then also removed the group as you did.
>>
>> The result of that (in both cases) is that the owner of the directory is
>> now postfix and the error already happens in MS.
>>
>> Error in tempdir() using MSlintXXXXXX: Parent directory (.) is not
>> writable
>>  at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/MessageBatch.pm line 1211
>>
>> As I said I think there is something wrong about the group ownership or
>> permissions only in the lint code that wasn't a problem before 0.96 but
>> now is. Maybe clamav used ftstat before which doesn't need execute
>> permission.
>>
>> Kai
>>
>I guess I should have been more specific. I am using sendmail. Maybe Julian
>will see this thread when he is free and something will pop in his head. I
am
>also having some problems with the new spamassassin, but I downgraded, as I
>don't have time to deal with that right now.

We will have to deal with it soon since ClamAV sigs will be disabled for
0.95.3 in less than 6 days on April 15th.

I am using sendmail too and I tried Scott Silva's suggestion with no luck.
Permissions were good all the way down the tree to
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
Something must have changed with the ClamAV code to throw off MailScanner.

Dave