ClamAv 0.96 is out

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Apr 9 11:31:17 IST 2010

Scott Silva wrote on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:49:19 -0700:

> I guess I should have been more specific. I am using sendmail.

Well, I assume you also have slightly different permission settings for the
chain of directories with the incoming path. Or you added postfix or clamav to
each other's group or so. One can much around and either stumble upon the right
setting or just try a lot and forget this one crucial setting that makes it
work ;-) As it really seems to affect only the linting I won't much around. I
had changed all the permission settings to what they were before the clamav
update.

Maybe Julian
> will see this thread when he is free and something will pop in his head. I am
> also having some problems with the new spamassassin, but I downgraded, as I
> don't have time to deal with that right now.

You are not on CentOS, are you? I haven't had any problems with 3.3.0 or 3.3.1.
And in general it works better for scoring, there are quite a few new rules
that weren't in the rule updates for 3.2.5. I heartily recommend it :-)

Kai