Clamd error after upgrade to MailScanner 4.79.11-1

Chris Barber chris at techquility.net
Fri Apr 9 02:10:46 IST 2010

Hi All,

I just upgraded to MailScanner 4.79.11-1
When running MailScanner --lint, I get the following error regarding
Clamd:

Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./MSlint4IfVq7/lstat() failed:
Permission denied. ERROR :: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/4663
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses

I sent a couple of test emails through the system and they were detected
properly. Is this anything to worry about?

Thanks!
Chris