ClamAv 0.96 is out

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 3 01:18:33 IST 2010

On 4/2/2010 5:07 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Those 22xxx folders are named for the PIDs of the process that creates
> them. Each new MailScanner --lint is a new PID which tries to create a
> new directory, but it can't because the group doesn't have write
> permission on the directory.

Upon rereading, I see the above is perhaps ambiguous. I meant to say

Each new MailScanner --lint is a new PID which tries to create a
new incoming/ppppp directory, but it can't because the group doesn't
have write permission on the incoming/ directory.

But now I'm not sure if that's a correct explanation since MailScanner
should have permission and clamd's pid should be fixed, but still I
think the incoming/ directory should be g+w.