RBL Configuration

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:20:52 IST 2010

On 1 April 2010 13:58, Laskie, Norman <NWL002 at shsu.edu> wrote:

> Where in the MailScanner / Sendmail configuration could a particular RBL be
> configured?  We received a notification that we are heavily utilizing a
> particular list, but can find no evidence on our edge boxes of it being
> configured (besides in spam.lists.conf which based on the config file
> translates the names of the "Spam List" values to the real DNS names of the
> spam blacklists).
>
> Thanks,
> Norman

More than likely it's spamassassin, if you've got the network access it'll
be using RBLs by default.

check the rbl_tests in the SA rule space (should be whereever sa-update
drops the rules on your system) and give the one that's complaining a zero
score in your mailscanner.cf

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK