Anti-Phishing / Spear-Phishing script IMPORTANT update

Mike Wallace mike at mlrw.com
Sat Sep 26 15:51:37 IST 2009

Jules,

I have found an anomaly in the beta with the --lint virus scan results.

On a MailScanner box running 4.77.1, when I run MailScanner --lint I
get the following for virus checking:

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
=
=
=
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 2 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 2 viruses
=
=
=

On a MailScanner box running 4.78.16 I get the following:

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd
=
=
=
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
Clamd::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature :: ./1/eicar.com
Virus Scanning: Clamd found 1 infections
Infected message 1 came from 10.1.1.1
Virus Scanning: Found 1 viruses
=
=
=

Both boxes were built the same way with the only difference being the
version of MailScanner installed.

Is this behavior correct?

Thanks.

Mike