Anti-Phishing / Spear-Phishing script IMPORTANT update

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 21 16:49:03 IST 2009

On 21/09/2009 16:18, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 09:44:25PM +0100, Jules Field wrote:
>
>> I'm still intending to do a stable release of MailScanner on 1st
>> October. So if there's anything important I need to know about the
>> current version, please tell me in a reply to this message (to the list
>> is fine, just I can then just check 1 thread).
>>

> There may be an issue with reporting of 'sanitized' file names with
> multiple extensions. See the message at
> http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2009-September/093259.html

That doesn't match up with what I just tried as a test case using the
"MakeNameSafe" code.
It worked exactly as I intended.

Note that it will vary its behaviour if you do 3 attachments in 1
message called similar names, as the resulting filenames have to be
unique in the "unpacking" directory.

But the raw code produced the results I would expect when not caring
about unique filenames.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng