Whitelisting and clearing previous spam related headers

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 21 12:28:34 IST 2009

On 21/09/2009 09:28, Steve Freegard wrote:

>>> See the 'Remove These Headers' option in MailScanner.conf.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Steve.
>>>

>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Does that setting remove those headers before it starts its normal spam
>> scan? If it removes X-Spam-Level completely this will break my server
>> side (sieve) filters.
>>
> Looks like it probably does as it appears to remove the headers *after*
> it's done all the work.
>
> You'll have to ask Jules nicely if he could move it to the beginning of
> the message processing so it removes the headers prior to doing
> MCP/Spam/Virus checks.

It is currently done just before message delivery. It's awkward to move
to much earlier on as the data structures won't exist then :-(
However, it is done right near the start of the process of building the
output message.
Have you actually tried asking it to remove the X-Spam-Level header and
see what headers you get in the resulting message? I see no evidence you
have actually tried it.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng