Problem with user emails sent using postfix smtp authentication blocked as spam

Sergio Rabellino rabellino at di.unito.it
Thu Sep 17 13:34:57 IST 2009

I do the same as suggested, requiring TLS authentication when sending
email from outside my lan, an extra header field is set into the last
Received header: for sendmail users the rule follow, where the bold
words must be identical.

HReceived: $?{auth_authen}from $j ([${if_addr}])
         $|$?sfrom $s $.$?_($?s$|from $.$_)$.
         $.by $j (SENDMAIL)$?r with $r$. id $i$?{tls_version}
         (version=${tls_version} cipher=${cipher} bits=${cipher_bits}
verify=${verify}$?{cn_subject}
userCertificateDN=${cn_subject}$.$?{auth_authen} *YOURTOKEN* $. )$.$?u
         for $u; $|;
         $.$b

Then I set-up a sa rule as follow

header   AUTHENTICATEDUSER Received =~ /(.*)*YOURTOKEN*(.*)/
describe AUTHENTICATEDUSER Email Sender Authenticated by My Server
score    AUTHENTICATEDUSER -100.0

and all the emails sent through my SMTP authenticated session, will be
automagically whitelisted.

Hope this helps.

--
Ing. Sergio Rabellino