spamtrap address

Jeff Mills jeff.mills at sydneytech.com.au
Thu Sep 17 05:41:30 IST 2009

Hi Kevin,

http://www.winsto.net/piggie/sa-teach.zip is a zip file containing two
Python scripts.
One I would run regularly (hourly or daily) and the other (expunge) I
would run once a week or so to clean out the folder.
You may want to run these more/less often depending on how many spam you
get.

You could also just use the one expunge script if you are happy to have
it delete the mail after each time it learns.
I liked to see how much mail was being put in there, so I did not
expunge every time.

Scripts will need edited to suit your environment.
Of course you will have to create a login for your exchange server that
has access to the public folder.
It's been a while since I used these scripts, so hopefully they run with
newer Python versions. They are very simple, so probably wouldn't take
much modifying to work anyway.

Rgs,
Jeff