Duplicate headers, Exim WriteHeader using Sendmail::CreateQf

Chris Audley chris at navaho.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 17:33:53 IST 2009

> The key is that there is no "Exim::CreateQf" at all, all the MTAs are
> called "Sendmail" internally (as that's the first one I implemented).

[snip]

Thanks for the explanation, shows how poor my perl knowledge is! :)

This is what is getting written to the queue if the subject has a trailing
space:

023T To: chris at navaho.co.uk
015  Subject: test
018  MIME-Version: 1.0
092  X-navaho-Colo-Information: Please contact support at navaho.co.uk for
more information
050  X-navaho-MailScanner-ID: 1MlPZ9-0007TR-C8
041  X-navaho-Colo: Found to be clean
140  X-navaho-Colo-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (score=-2.18,
required 1,
        ALL_TRUSTED -1.80, BAYES_00 -2.60, TVD_SPACE_RATIO 2.22)
042  X-navaho-colo-From: root at mx3.colo
023  Subject: test
026  X-Spam-Status: No

There should be a * after 015 on the first Subject header to ask exim to
delete the header.

The problem appears to be this line in DeleteHeader in Exim.pm:

  $key = quotemeta($key) unless $usingregexp;

This is escaping the colon on the end of header and preventing it from
being matched in the header comparison loop and being marked for deletion.
Commenting out the quotemeta makes MailScanner generate the correct exim
spool file.

I guess doing quotemeta on the headers in the header comparison loop is
probably the best fix?

Regards,
--
Chris Audley, Technical Director
Navaho Technologies Ltd.
mailto:chris at navaho.co.uk

---
This message has been scanned by the Navaho Mail Service and is believed to be clean.
---