RBL configuration problem

Carlo Granisso c.granisso at dnshosting.it
Fri Sep 4 09:47:28 IST 2009

Hello every body, I've a system with lot of incoming mail. I've added RBL
checks on postfix but I'd like to itegrate them into MailScanner.conf to
give ability to our clients to enable/disable filtering through MailWatch.

Now I've this configuration:

#
# Spam Detection and Virus Scanner Definitions
# --------------------------------------------
#

# This is the name of the file that translates the names of the "Spam List"
# values to the real DNS names of the spam blacklists.
Spam List Definitions = %etc-dir%/spam.lists.conf

# This is the name of the file that translates the names of the virus
# scanners into the commands that have to be run to do the actual scanning.
Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf

#
# Spam Detection and Spam Lists (DNS blocklists)
# ----------------------------------------------
#

# Do you want to check messages to see if they are spam?
# Note: If you switch this off then *no* spam checks will be done at all.
#       This includes both MailScanner's own checks and SpamAssassin.
#       If you want to just disable the "Spam List" feature then set
#       "Spam List =" (i.e. an empty list) in the setting below.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Checks = yes

# This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
# See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
# you can put here.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
# spamhaus-ZEN is NOT FREE for commercial/government users.  Please
# see http://www.spamhaus.org
Spam List = BACKSCATTER spamcop.net BARRACUDA SPAM-CANNIB SORBS-RHSBL

Of course in spam.lists.conf I've defined them (and disabled from postfix)
but seems that MailScanner doesn't perform checks.

I must change other parameters?

Thanks,

Carlo