Increase in spam

Alex Neuman alex at rtpty.com
Fri Oct 30 12:29:22 GMT 2009

As all good IT questions... The best answer is "depends".

I, for one, use Xen and Spamcop, but some here might be able to tell
you horror stories about false positives and I agree that, in their
case, what works for me could be disastrous for some (if not most)
people.

I think the best course of action is to turn on the more verbose
logging options so you can see which rules are triggering in
SpamAssassin - then implement or not at the MTA level if you think it
wouldn't affect you, or slightly increase the SA scores for RBL hits
so that it more accurately reflects the spammyness of the messages.