Too much detail in Logwatch report

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Sun Oct 25 13:59:27 GMT 2009

> Hi,
>
> I've got a Centos 5.3 / NS 4.77.10-1 box running nicely but MailScanner
> portion of the nightly Logwatch reports are too detailed. How do I use
> the override.conf file to prevent Phishing Report and RBL check hits
> from being reported?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

More of logwatch question then a Mailscanner question but... The
phishing report has a threshold variable so you can set it high or set
it to 0 to supress. Sadly there was a bug in this so it was impossible
to set to 0 in the conf file. This has been fixed and the default is now
zero or off. You can grab just mailscanner service script here

http://www.stellarcore.net/downloads/mailscanner

As far as the RBL report that one needs a threshold and on/off switch
but has not been coded. Feel free to hack the script the lines you are
looking for are

if (keys %RBLType) {
   print "\nRBL Report: (Total Seen = $MailScan_RBL)\n";
   foreach $ThisOne (sort keys %RBLType) {
      print '    ' . $ThisOne . ': ' . $RBLType{$ThisOne} . " Time(s)\n";
   }
}

either comment them out or stick "|| $RBL_switch == 1" and add my
"$RBL_switch = 0;" at the top of the script and that should shut it off.
You can direct more question like this to the logwatch list.

-Mike