SPAMVIRUS Feature Question

Jonas A. Larsen jonas at vrt.dk
Thu Oct 22 21:13:25 IST 2009

Hi Richard

Im horribly busy at work atm, so I have not read your SA rules in detail,
but I can guess what your doing, this is definitely better than the normal
"1 rule for all 3rdparty sigs setup"

However it is a bit of a painfull way to do it, since u would have to keep
it update for each signature source u add, not to mention its always a
generalization since ur matching fragments/"families" og either signature
db's or phishing/virus families.

It would be neat if there was someway to just grab whatever clamd calls the
signature/virus and somehow auto generate sa rules for them (in a
performance friendly manner)

Without having read all ur rules in detail, I assume there's a generic one
somewhere that scores stuff that isn't matched by your more specific rules?
(Unless you wrote specific rules for all your signature bases)

However as I started out saying, its definitely an improvement, and ile
implement ur rules in my own setup, when time allows it.

Best regards

Jonas Larsen