OT clam files in /var/tmp

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Fri Oct 16 15:37:40 IST 2009

I updated my clamd the other day, and had my /var pertition fill up this
morning with directories  named
/var/tmp/clamav-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (xxx represents what
appears to be a random signature). They each have a set of main.* files
in them (main.db, main.fp, etc). I'm not sure why they are hanging
around. I've looked at the .conf files for clamd, freshclam, and all the
other files I could think of to verify any settings. I've changed the
one in clamd.conf (LeaveTemporaryFiles no), but have found no other
reference to files to this directory. They are not timestamped to any
obvious repetitive task time.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks

Steve Campbell