Way OT: SugarCRM on CentOS 5.3

Alex Neuman alex at rtpty.com
Thu Oct 15 22:49:57 IST 2009

--- I know this is way OT but I've found that this list is a veritable
fountain of the best minds in the world! so please bear with me...
Thanks in advance!

Hey listers,

I've googled around all day for a good cookbook on how to install
SugarCRM CE on CentOS 5.3, but haven't found anything conclusive.
Everything either involves another distro or assumes things work out
of the box. Requirements are being met in the form of mysql-server and
php-mysql (even using other repos in order to comply with said
requirements), but the installer says "its needs aren't being met".
Forcing the installer by setting variables to "true" only gets to as
far as the screen where you provide the login credentials for the
database - which works from the command line.

Thanks for any help or advice!