Examples of SpamAssassin Rule Actions

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 10:30:10 IST 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me some help on setting up a ruleset for this -

# Some virus scanners now use their signatures to detect spam as well as
# viruses. These "viruses" are called "spam-viruses". When they are found
# the following header will be added to your message before it is passed to
# SpamAssassin, listing all the "spam-viruses" that were found as a comma-
# separated list.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.

For example, I would like to create individual scores for all the different rules in a database (this is one of them) -
Sanesecurity.Doc                #Fake phishing documents
Sanesecurity.Fake               #Fake emails from companies/spear phishing
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Auction   #Phishing emails from Ebay
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Azon      #Phishing emails from Amazon
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Bank      #Phishing emails from Banks
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Card      #Phishing Postcards
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Cur       #Simple phishing heuristics based on headers/urls and content
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Dca       #Html based doubleclick revenue link
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Fake      #Fake emails from companies/spear phishing
Sanesecurity.Phishing.GiftCard  #Phishing Postcards
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Hex       #Simple Heuristics based hex urls
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Ivt       #Html based invalid tags
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Jsc       #Html based
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Nam       #Html based common fake html editor
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Onf       #Html based
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Pay       #Phishing emails from PayPal
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Rdi       #Phishing redirects
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Rock      #Phishing emails generated with the rockfish toolkit
Sanesecurity.Phishing.RockGen   #Phishing emails generated with the rockfish toolkit
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Shop      #Phishing emails for shops
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Slw       #Html based
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Url       #Url based phishing detection
Sanesecurity.Phishing.Wrd       #Fake phishing documents
Sanesecurity.PhishingTestSig    #Sanesecurity Test Signature
TestSig_Type3_Bdy               #Sanesecurity Test Signature
TestSig_Type4_Bdy               #Sanesecurity Test Signature
TestSig_Type4_Hdr               #Sanesecurity Test Signature

... Instead of just 1 score for the entire thing. I've tried a few different ways but I'm not really sure how to do it. If anyone could give me some pointers that would be great.

Thanks very much,
Rich