MailScanner install.sh script - reminders

Jules Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 16:59:11 IST 2009

On 07/10/2009 15:47, donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com wrote:

> I have a suggestion to //usr/sbin/update_spamassassin/ - consider
> commenting out line 32 (rm -f $LOGFILE) to allow viewing of the
> /tmp/update_spamassassin.MMDD file.  It's useful to review the file
> for errors.

The problem is that will leave a lot of log files behind, which will
gradually fill your filesystem.

> For the/ install.sh/ script, please consider adding code to let the
> user know of all rpmnew files.

That's not easy in RHEL as the rpm system doesn't keep track of them. In
good old IRIX days all you had to do was "versions old" and "versions
new" and it would tell you all of them across the whole filesystem
immediately. RHEL doesn't track them so there's no quick way of doing
this, sorry.

>   We have a custom/ /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner/ file where we list the
> spam channels we get updates from:
>
> 29,30c29
> < #SAUPDATEARGS=""
> < SAUPDATEARGS="-D --gpgkeyfile
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-gpgkeys.txt --channelfile
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/sare-sa-update-channels.txt"
>
> There were a lot of changes in /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner - WORKDIR,
> INQDIR,  QUARDIR, RUNAS...
>
> Could there be a custom file for the SAUPDATEARGS variable so we
> didn't have to modify the delivered /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner file?

I'll take a look, that should be possible by making
/etc/sysconfig/update_spamassassin file with just the SAUPDATEARGS stuff
in it.

> Thanks,
> Donald
>
> Donald Dawson