Need help from Exim users

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 15:50:03 IST 2009

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, The Doctor wrote:

> Well Postfix is not doing the anti-spam I was hoping it would do and the
> 'jailing' is not working.
>
> I elect to go to Exim.
>
> What do I need to get get RBLS, virtual E-mail and stuff working before
> adding MailScanner?

Wrong place to ask.

Read the exim-users list archives.

See the exim documentation and wiki.

Consider whether learning a whole new architecture is worth it (which will
take considerable time if you do not know Exim already), vs spending more
time addressing the postfix issues.  (But I am an Exim user, and swear by
it.  I like the flexible programmability rather than pre-made macro
functions or add-ins).

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK