OT: Exchange vs MS question

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Nov 26 19:34:14 GMT 2009

Hello all,

We are considering deploying an Exchange 2010 server for our Outlook
users. We were told that an email from one Exchange user to another
Exchange user would be handled internally by Exchange, thus bypassing
our MS servers.

Is this true? If so, is there a way to configure Outlook and/or Exchange
to force them to route all emails through our MS gateways?

I'm asking because we are having problems virus-scanning emails wich
McAfee on our current Exchange server (small workgroup) and the Exchange
admins would like to rely on people's local antivirus software, which, I
think, is a bad idea...

Thanks!

Denis

--