Store viruses only

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 24 09:39:18 GMT 2009

Set
Deliver Disinfected Files = yes

Note that this will have a big impact on speed, as each message has to
be scanned 3 times instead of once, to be absolutely sure the correct
portion of the message has been removed.

This is set to "no" by default as 99.999% of modern viruses in the wild
are totally made up messages, with no useful content in them at all that
the recipient might want.

Once you see what you get by setting this to "yes", I think you will see
my point and set it to "no" again :-)

Jules.

On 24/11/2009 07:31, Monis Monther wrote:
> Hi everyone
>

> YES i am sure , /etc/sbin/MailScanner --lint conformed this to me
>

> Now after testing , I successfully quarantined the virus, but it
> quarantined it as a whole message not only the attachment, I would
> like the message to be sent to the user stripped of the virus ,
> similar to the behavior of filetype and filename checks actions.
>

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Alex Neuman <alex at rtpty.com
> <mailto:alex at rtpty.com>> wrote:
>
>     You're sure it's the clamav module and not clamd or another
>     process, right?
>
>     On Nov 22, 2009, at 5:26 AM, Monis Monther wrote:
>
>     > I knew because I see in the logs that it is catching stuff
>
>     --
>
>     Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
>
>     Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Need help customising MailScanner?