Fwd: Store viruses only

Monis Monther mmmm82 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:26:49 GMT 2009

> I have the clamavmodule and its working fine

How do you know this?

I knew because I see in the logs that it is catching stuff

Try sending an email through the machine with the EICAR attachment
(http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm), and check:

I tried the test , thanks for the link

a) the mail system logs, to see whether MailScanner thinks it's detected a
virus

In the log , it found it and gave this

Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
ClamAVModule::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature:: ./A32B56E03A2.E8204/
ClamAVModule::INFECTED:: Eicar-Test-Signature:: ./A32B56E03A2.E8204/
eicar.com
Requeue: A32B56E03A2.E8204 to E19D26E009C
Cleaned: Delivered 1 cleaned messages

b) the headers of the (presumably) received message, to see whether it tells
you that anti-virus scanning was performed (X-OrganisationName-

> Viruscheck)
>
> I only had these headers

So I conclude that it was not detected as spam but as infected , and I got
the notification attachment delivered saying call help desk... bal bla

But the attachment was not saved under quarantine, I want the attachments to
be saved.

> c) the output of /path/to/MailScanner --lint (to see whether it thinks the
> antivirus engine is correctly installed and available)

It showed that I have clamavmodule successfully installed

Conclusion: I was mistakes when I thought it was related to spam score, but
now I want the virus attachment to be stored in quarantine not deleted,
Thanks