Whitelist and disarming

Ralph Bornefeld-Ettmann ilikeuce at bornefeld-ettmann.de
Tue Nov 17 10:42:30 GMT 2009

Laszlo Nagy schrieb:

>  Hi All,
>
> I would like  to have Mailscanner do not change some emails, in any way.
> I have added the source email address to whitelist.rules:
>
> # pwd
> /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules
> # grep @ spam.whitelist.rules
> From:    *@some_domain.com    yes
>

> My problem is that these emails are disarmed. Their subject and content
> is changed. It is a big problem beacuse these emails contain product
> stock info updates from our partner, and we have programs that process
> these emails. However, they cannot process the disarmed emails. I was
> looking at the documentation but I could not find a way to do this. E.g.
> configure mailscanner so that mails from "*@some_domain.com" are not
> disarmed, subject, headers and body not changed. It would be ideal to
> run virus scanning and spam filtering at the same time (and quarantine
> spam/virus emails). How can I do this?
>
> My system is FreeBSD 7 amd64. Mailscanner version is 4.78.9
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Laszlo

I would handle it slightly different :

create /etc/MailScanner/rules/disarm.rules :

From: 	*@some_domain.com	yes
FromOrTo:	default		disarm

replace "disarm" in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf with
"%rules-dir%/disarm.rules" where "disarm" is set (e.g. Allow IFrame
Tags, Allow Form Tags ....)

restart MailScanner

So mails is getting scanned and Spam and Virii will be detected but
header and body will not get disarmed.

HTH

Cheers
Ralph