Retrieve from Archive

Ralph Bornefeld-Ettmann ilikeuce at bornefeld-ettmann.de
Sun Nov 15 10:25:10 GMT 2009

Monis Monther schrieb:
> Hi , I tried the postcat command and I managed to send the message but
> it is recieved as shown below, I only posted part of a the message , as
> you can see it contains an attachment and it is sent as it is not
> encoded , how can I receive the message normally??
>

> I also did another experiment , I resent a message that was held in the
> spam folder which is an RFC 822 message (made sure by using the file
> command)
>
> cat 79FA76E0392.B1D73 | sendmail.postfix someone at somedomain
>
> And it reached the mailbox as a normal email with no problems.
>

> So now I think what we want to do is convert the message in the archive
> from whatever it is to a RFC 822 message, I dont think the postcat
> command did  the trick.
>

> P.S: I highly appreciate all the posts and help in this forum, thank you
> everyone
>

> *** ENVELOPE RECORDS 8ACBB6E03A4.763AF ***
>
> message_size:           20071             542
> 1               0
>
> message_arrival_time: Sun Nov 15 12:28:39 2009
>
> create_time: Sun Nov 15 12:28:39 2009
>
> named_attribute: rewrite_context=remote
>
> sender: monis.monther at mediaintl.net <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>
>
> named_attribute: log_client_address=192.168.111.130
>
> named_attribute: log_message_origin=unknown[192.168.111.130]
>
> named_attribute: log_helo_name=eg30.iolteam.net <http://eg30.iolteam.net>
>
> named_attribute: log_protocol_name=ESMTP
>
> named_attribute: client_name=unknown
>
> named_attribute: reverse_client_name=unknown
>
> named_attribute: client_address=192.168.111.130
>
> named_attribute: helo_name=eg30.iolteam.net <http://eg30.iolteam.net>
>
> named_attribute: client_address_type=2
>
> named_attribute: dsn_orig_rcpt=rfc822;monis.monther at mediaintl.net
> <mailto:rfc822%3Bmonis.monther at mediaintl.net>
>
> original_recipient: monis.monther at mediaintl.net
> <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>
>
> recipient: monis.monther at mediaintl.net <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>
>
> *** MESSAGE CONTENTS 8ACBB6E03A4.763AF ***

>       by mailscanner.localdomain (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8ACBB6E03A4
>
>       for <monis.monther at mediaintl.net
> <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>>; Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:28:39 +0200 (EET)

>       by eg30.iolteam.net <http://eg30.iolteam.net> (Postfix) with ESMTP
> id BE47744DB77
>
>       for <monis.monther at mediaintl.net
> <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>>; Sun, 15 Nov 2009 07:09:40 +0200 (EET)
>
> From: <monis.monther at mediaintl.net <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>>
>
> To: <monis.monther at mediaintl.net <mailto:monis.monther at mediaintl.net>>
>
> Subject: test2
>
> Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:15:48 +0200

> <mailto:monther at mediaintl.net>>

>       boundary="----=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA65E4.FBEEF1D0"

> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
>

> ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA65E4.FBEEF1D0

>       boundary="----=_NextPart_001_005F_01CA65E4.FBEEF1D0"
>

> ------=_NextPart_001_005F_01CA65E4.FBEEF1D0

>       charset="us-ascii"

> [...]

I am not using queue files so I asked good old aunt google :

http://support.netrack.hu/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=15
have a look at this. It shows you how to manually release mails
quarantined with MailScanner as queue files .... so it might also work
with archived queue files. A little different as my previous approach
but still something to use on the console.

Cheers
Ralph