Fwd: Why is this domain spoofing.

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:18:30 GMT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Lopez <rlopezcnm at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Why is this domain spoofing.
To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>

Yesterday ever member of the honor society at this college had their
news letter blocked for Phishing.Heuristics.Email.SpoofedDomain .

It is not clear to me why. It appears to me the domain is always
ptk.org and elist.ptk.org is simply a mail system within that domain
so nothing is spoofed.

After they were blocked last month I thought I white listed them:
From:      12.230.142.18  OK  # elist.ptk.org
From:      12.230.142.9    OK  # ptk.org
are already in /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules

How can I prevent these from being blocked?  Am I misunderstanding how
to whitelist SpoofedDomain-s?

This is the report:
The following e-mails were found to have: Virus Detected