OT: Snertsoft roundhouse on Solaris 8

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 9 16:18:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the off-topic post, I have exhausted Google and other avenues.
  I know that Snertsoft Roundhouse has been mentioned/discussed here
before and was hoping someone could give me a clue to move on.

I have downloaded and built roundhouse, but it fails to run most times.

This is very frustrating because it does sometimes run, then will refuse
to run after that one time.  So, I manage to get it to run listening on
port 26, for testing purposes, all seems well.  Change things around, so
it listens on port 25 and the mta on 26, and it just exits without any
error messages.

I have looked through the code and there should be all sorts of debug
messages sent out, but nothing get into the logs at all.  It is as if it
exits before any logging is enabled.

If anyone can help that would be great, sorry to disturb this list.

--
Anthony Peacock
Head of Research & Development, FBS Advanced IT Support Centre