Postfix and MailScanner logger

Alvaro Marín alvaro at hostalia.com
Fri Nov 6 10:37:17 GMT 2009

Alex Broens escribió:
> On 11/6/2009 11:21 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
>> On Friday 06 November 2009 09:53, Alvaro Marín wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm searching for a logger tool to store in a MySQL table Postfix and
>>> MailScanner's logs.
>>> The idea is to save in a database values like:
>>>
>>> - sender IP
>>> - sender address
>>> - destination address
>>> - if the mail was blocked by RBLs, rate-limit...
>>> - the result of SpamAssassin test (from MailScanner)
>>> - the result of MailScanner process (deliver, deliver+header or delete)
>>
>>> Anyone knows a tool like this or I've to do it myself? :)
>>
>> Have you considered http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/ ?
>
> mailwatch only stores data processed by MailScanner and not MTA data,
> Sendmail, Postfix,etc data.
>
> rsyslog or syslog-ng seem to closer to what Alvaro is looking for.

Yes, as you've said, Mailwatch is only for MailScanner.

Anyway, I think that I have soo much traffic to have a solution like
rsyslog/syslog-ng (in real time) or MW. I'm searching for a script that
parses the logs (each hour, for example) and stores SMTP/MailScanner
data in MySQL; then a web interface in PHP.

I think that I'll have to program it myself :)

Thanks!

Regards,

--
Alvaro Marín Illera