MailScanner 4.78

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Tue Nov 3 13:06:23 GMT 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 15:10, Ryan Ivey wrote:

> MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamav"
> Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule

You do realise that these are not the same thing, I hope?

They're the same virus scanning engine, but two different versions, which are
used in very different ways - "clamav" is a command-line scanner, whereas
"clamavmodule" is a Perl module which talks directly to the scanning engine
and is more efficient in use.

You might be better off leaving the config setting as "Virus Scanners = auto"
so that MailScanner can use whatever you really do have installed.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"The problem with television is that the people must sit and keep their eyes
glued on a screen; the average American family hasn't time for it."

 - New York Times, following a demonstration at the 1939 World's Fair.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.