"Does not make sense to bounce non-spam"

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Sun Nov 1 20:05:42 GMT 2009

Hi.

I'm trying to use "SpamAssassin Rule Actions" to detect emails which contain
one or more words from a list of unacceptable words, and if found, either:

a) modify the subject line with something like "{Content?}" - similar to
"{Virus?}" and "{Spam?}" - and deliver the message as usual
	or
b) quarantine the message and bounce a notification back to the sender to let
them know the email was not delivered.

I would previously have used the MCP feature for this, however with
MailScanner 4.74.16 (Debian Lenny backports) this appears not to work and
I've been advised to use SA Rule Actions instead.

The trouble is, I see no way to modify the Subject line with the available
Actions, and when I declare Bounce to be one of the rule actions, I simply
see in the log file "Does not make sense to bounce non-spam", and MS doesn't
do what I asked it to :(

Please can someone either help me debug why MCP isn't working in MS 4.74.16
(I've used it in much older versions, and I know how to do what I want to
using MCP), or let me know how to do either (preferably both, since I
probably need to do both actions, depending on which list the objectionable
word was found in) of the above actions using SA Rule Actions?

Many thanks,

Antony.

--
Having been asked for a reference for this man,
I can confirm that you will be very lucky indeed if you can get him to work

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.