normal output: SpamAssassin --lint

Eddie Hallahan eddie at emcuk.com
Fri May 29 16:16:54 IST 2009

Hi Robert,

Yes that is normal output.  The EICAR thing is a test virus, much like
GTUBE is a test spam email.  The relevant lines in the output let you
know that the virus scanner(s) you have set in your mailscanner.conf are
working.  I would say that I'd advise switching to clamd rather than
clamavmodule as the perl module hasn't been updated forever and clamd
definitely seems to work better.

Regards

Eddie Hallahan
Enterprise Management Consulting
www.emcuk.com

Enterprise Management Consulting is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3134544. VAT registration number is 681038440.