Moving Bayes database to tmps

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri May 29 12:31:22 IST 2009

Zaeem Arshad wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 16:10:44 +0600:

> Can I get noticecable performance improvement by moving the bayesian
> database to tmpfs? Currently, it's being stored at /root/.spamassassin which
> happens to be an ext3 partition.

Maybe. But you have to regularly back it up and restore it once you reboot or
lose tmpfs for other reasons. I would think you are better off with moving to
SQL. How big is the database at the moment? What's the data of
"sa-learn --dump magic"?
Have you determined *that* it is Bayes that is creating your asserted
permonance problem?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany