Cached Timeout MailScanner

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Thu May 28 09:06:52 IST 2009

So what have you done on the list of suggestions we've given you??
Normally this is either the RBL's or bayes that causes this issue.

turn off the RBL's/bayes with the following in ./etc/mail/spamassassin/
mailscanner.cf

skip_rbl_checks  1

use_bayes 0

restart MailScanner with one of these set and see how you go.

once it's been narrowed down put the problem back in again run mailscanner
in debug mode ( "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa" ) as has already been
suggested and pastebin the output to t he list and we'll be able to help
further.

2009/5/28 shyam hirurkar <shyamph at gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> Strange things
>
> May 28 10:24:24 mx1 MailScanner[14166]: SpamAssassin timed out and was
> killed, failure 1 of 10
> May 28 10:24:25 mx1 MailScanner[14166]: Message 8230A25A8011.85641 from
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (srs0=6iu+f4=by=domain.com=username at remote-domain.com) to
> domain.com is not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached, timed out)
>
> May 28 10:33:15 mx1 MailScanner[14227]: SpamAssassin timed out and was
> killed, failure 1 of 10
> May 28 10:33:16 mx1 MailScanner[14227]: Message 36E3325A800A.3D3A4 from
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> (prvs=392a3764d=user at remote-domain.com) to domain.com is not spam,
> SpamAssassin (not cached, timed out)
>

> When ever i get these kind of mails spamassassin is timing out. I am not
> able to figureout why ? Any idea on this
>
> Thanks,
> Shyam
>

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM, shyam hirurkar <shyamph at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>

>> Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs and i will work on this and let you
>> know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shyam
>>
>> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>>
>>> on 5-27-2009 5:07 AM shyam hirurkar spake the following:

>>> swap

>>> Did you read the links to optimize spamassassin?
>>> Did you set up a caching nameserver on the box?
>>> run temp files from ramdisk?
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Martin Hepworth