Cached Timeout MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed May 27 11:06:41 IST 2009

2009/5/27 Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com>:
> Ah that's spamassassin timing out not the cache.
> see
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#getting_the_best_out_of_spamassassin
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#optimization_tips
> and
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:test_troubleshoot:performance&s=performance

.... further, check that bayes isn't your problem. if the bayes seen
file is huge, you might experience things like this. And if the auto
expire takes a very long time to finish, you might see it too (you'll
get a lot of *expire* files in the directory where you keep bayes)...
Assuming you use filebased bayes:). Also... the spamassassin timeout
in MailScanner.conf might be way to short... Consider increasing it
substantially.

> 2009/5/27 shyam hirurkar <shyamph at gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is the error i am getting in the log
>>
>> May 27 15:03:47 mx1 MailScanner[31435]: SpamAssassin timed out and was
>> killed, failure 3 of 10
>> May 27 15:03:48 mx1 MailScanner[31435]: Message A76B125A8047.9FN8C from
>> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (username at yahoo.co.in) to domain.com is not spam,
>> SpamAssassin (not cached, timed out)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shyam
>>
>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM, shyam hirurkar <shyamph at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I have removed the cache dba nd restarted the mailscanner but still i am
>>> able to see cached not timed out error in the log.
>>>
>>> Any thing else i needs to be done ??
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>> Shyam

>> --